Classes were in the IUPUI Student Union Building in the 1990's

Our History

Over 900 students have graduated from the program since 1994.  Many have gone on to very successful careers as massage therapists and spa business owners.  Our graduates are scattered all over the world in places like Japan, Algeria, Ireland, Thailand and many others.  Graduates can be found from Alaska to Florida.

 

Graduates, who have chosen to sit for the National Certification Examination (NCBTMB) and the Massage and Bodywork Licensing Examination (MBLeX), have overwhelmingly passed these nationally recognized tests.

Class in the Stutz Building in the late 90's

In 1994, the founder of ITMS, Janis Legendre, in association with Indiana University-Purdue University at Indianapolis (IUPUI), began operating the IUPUI Therapeutic Massage Program; one of the first university-affiliated, occupationally oriented massage programs in the country.

 

Originally located in the former IUPUI Student Union building, the school moved to the Stutz Business Center at 1055 North Senate Avenue in 1997.  In 2007, the school moved into its present location at 7780 Michigan Road and officially changed its name to Indiana Therapeutic Massage School and in that same year became a fully-accredited state school with the Indiana Commission on Proprietary Education (ICOPE).

 

In March of 2017, Sandra Panzer became the new Owner and CEO of Indiana Therapeutic Massage School.

 

Print Print | Sitemap
© Indiana Therapeutic Massage School